Yes. It is true. Today, January 24th, marks a wonderful day in the culinary world. It’s National Peanut Butter Day. I think that it is safe to say that PB deserves its own food group and should be devoured at least once a day. Creamy, crunchy, whipped, extra crunchy, it’s all great. Eaten by the spoonful?? Even better. Here are some of my favorite peanut butter treats along with some others that just look absolutely delicious.
1. Creamy Peter Pan Peanut Butter –A classic. I grew up on this creamy concoction and I always find myself going back to it. Maybe I’m not giving other peanut butter varieties a fair chance, but I’ve found one I love, so why would I change now?? PS. I once betrayed Peter Pan and tried PB2 which is a powdered peanut butter, people. It just doesn’t compare to the good stuff.
2. Peanut Butter Cheese Ball— I’ve never been fortunate to try this delicious looking dessert (I don’t think those are actually dog treats pictured above, but hey, I could be wrong. Arf), but how delicious does it look?!? Cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate? Sounds good to me. The recipe can be found here
3. Peanut Butter Truffles— Oh boy. These look scrumptious. I think I could find myself popping one too many of those into my mouth in one sitting. Want to make them?? Find the recipe here!
4. Edy’s Slow Churned Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream— This is my hands down, my favorite ice cream that I can get my hands on easily. Here is the lineup: peanut butter flavored ice cream with peanut butter ribbons and peanut butter cups. There might be some other chocolate in there too, but we’re talking peanut butter today. Added bonus: it’s 1/2 the fat of regular ice cram and I can absolutely not tell at all when eating it. Other delicious peanut butter flavored ice creams?? Blue Bunny Peanut Butter Panic and Braum’s PB Cup.
5. Jumbo Honey-Roasted Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies— If you’re in a hurry and want to curb your peanut butter craving, this recipe is an easy solution. If you want the easy directions you can find the recipe here.
6. Reese’s Egg–(or any other seasonal Reese’s peanut butter cup). These little guys are better than the normal Reese’s variety. For some reason the peanut butter to chocolate ratio is different and it truly makes a difference. I love them. Especially when they are eaten cold. Yes, put them in the refrigerator before you snarf them down–you won’t regret it. I know the eggs are already in stock in my local Dillons grocery store, so maybe V-Day hearts will be out soon, too?! Last night I just finished my last Christmas tree…I savor these little morsels of heaven.
So yes, to answer your question, I will indeed be eating some peanut butter at some point in the day. Maybe once, maybe twice….maybe even thrice.