Make up. You can’t live it, you can’t live without it right? Eh, something like that. I just know that my uneven complexion, acne scars and just overall lack of sleep can all combine to make a pretty scary sight. That’s where cosmetics swoop in and basically save my life. I would like to say I’m one of those girls who can pull off the au naturel look, but let’s face it, I am not. I can’t just roll out of bed and work with what I’ve got–oh how much time that would save.
Above are items that I wear on a pretty regular basis–my “go to” products if you will. However, my makeup bag houses many more products than seen above, ie. additional eye shadows, eye liners, and lip glosses to name a few. This compilation is a fairly good representation of what I put on my face on a normal day.
From left to right (row one)
1. Kate Spade Twirl rollerball– It smells like macarons and watermelon and blackberries. It is very girly, but I can still get away with using it during the daytime. For clarification, it goes on my wrists, not my face.
2. Covergirl classic color blush in “rose silk”–I feel like I first started using this blush back in middle school because my Mom had it and I knew nothing about makeup. I’ve tried other blushes over the years but I am currently using this throwback. It has a nice subtle shimmer and a pigmented shade of pink.
3. MAC eyeshadow in Naked Lunch– I use this shade as an all over the lid color. It’s a pretty champagne color with a touch of sheen.
4. MAC eyeshadow in Satin Taupe– This is my favorite eyeshadow ever. I use it in the creases of my eyes and the outer corners for a daytime look. The color is hard to explain but it’s great for green eyes.
5. Clinique lipgloss in Fireberry– I got this shade of gloss as a free gift from Clinique and absolutely love it. It’s a really pretty reddish raspberry color with some gold sparkle and makes my lips ever so shiny and glossy. It even stays on through lunch, which I just realized today!
6. NYC bronzer–I am not actually using this bronzer right now but I have in the past. For a cheapo brand it works fairly well! I don’t wear bronzer every day, but when I do I always notice it gives my skin some extra pizzazz.
7. Burts Bees lip balm– It’s the perfect lip balm for anyone. It tingles and is peppermint flavored.
8. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie– I just got this last week and I really like it. It’s the stuff Emma Stone wears in the new Revlon commercial. It’s super buttery smooth and is a nice subtle color.
9. Maybelline Fit foundation– According to the commercials and advertisements, this foundation is supposed to be “perfect for everyone.” I am not convinced yet.
10. Bath and Body Works “Dark Kiss” body cream– I don’t usually like B&BW stuff because it smells like a sorority house’s bathroom in there, but this is a scent I cannot live without. It’s kind of dark (go figure) and sultry…?
11. Covergirl pressed powder– I have this in the “oil control” variety because my skin gets a little shiny throughout the day. This powder is lightweight, covers well and doesn’t feel cakey or geisha-ish.
12. Maybelline Master Precise liquid eyeliner–I bought this eyeliner as a stand in for my usual Line Stilletto liquid eyeliner because it was out of stock. I am glad about it too because this stuff is awesome!! It’s more like a marker/pen than a little brush and it makes the pointy edge of the winged eyeliner look come together very easily! My only complaint is that this eyeliner is definitely not waterproof.
13. Maybelline Grat Lash BIG mascara–The pink and green bottle is a classic. The word BIG attached is even better!! This is a pretty basic mascara, as my lashes do not demand a whole lot of attention. I’ve been fortunate enough to acquire some fairly long, curled lashes so one orsometimes two coats of this mascara usually does the trick for a daytime look.