You know those days when your hair just isn’t cooperating and you’d rather just throw it into a ponytail than try to deal with it? Here is a fun alternative to a somewhat boring ponytail! I found this great tutorial from A Cup of Jo ‘s blog, where she also includes other fun hair tutorials. I especially like this “cinnamon roll buns” one because from what I can tell from the photos, the model’s hair is somewhat fine and thin, much like my own!
2. Divide your hair into three equal parts and quickly spray each section with a little hairspray to help give it hold. Let the hairspray set for a couple seconds, and then lightly comb it out.
3. Take the section on your right side, and twist your hair all the way down to the end. You want to twist counter-clockwise, toward your face. Wrap the right section in on itself, just like you’re making a little bun. Let some of the hair stick out, it’s ok (you don’t want them to look like Princess Leia buns).
4. Pin the right bun in place. I like to use these mini bobby pins, since they’re easier to hide and they’re coated in rubber so they hold your hair better.
5. Next, twist the middle section clockwise and pin. Then twist the left section clockwise and pin.
6. Spray the three buns with a little more hairspray, and you’re done!
How cute is that?! I like how the ends are whispy and stick out from the little buns! I can’t wait to try this look.
Also, find this J.Crew inspired messy side ponytail tutorial on the same site!