For the most part, I have had the same music on my iPod shuffle (my workout iPod) for the past two years. I hear the same songs over and over and over again. Some of the artists on my pod include: Head Automatica, Vampire Weekend, the soundtrack from “Slumdog Millionaire”, Iron & Wine, Radiohead and miscellaneous artists who I don’t know the name of because my iPod doesn’t have a screen.
I am in desperate need of some new tunes to get my heart racing and my body moving! I think that upbeat, music is essential for having a good cardio workout and mine is just not cutting it lately. One of my issues is separating the types of artists I would normally listen to while at home or in my car, from the artists who provide music that is more conducive to working out. I need some more fast-paced songs with a firmer beat, if you will. For instance, I borrowed my brother’s iPod over Christmas break and it was full of Lil’ Wayne, Tech N9ne and artists of the like. I had one of THE BEST runs I have had in a long time, and I give some credit to Lil Wayne’s musical styling.
What is even worse than not having the perfect play list, is when my iPod flat-out dies mid elliptical session…I lose ALL motivation to keep going when all I can hear is myself breathing.
I would love to hear suggestions for some new songs or artists that you all like to listen to while hitting the gym!
Here is a list of the Top 10 Workout Songs of 2010 from Shape Magazine
1. Club Can’t Handle Me, Flo Rida & David Guetta
2. Bad Romance (Starsmith Remix), Lady GaGa
3. We R Who We R, Kesha
4. After The Love, R.I.O.
5. Break Your Heart (Mixin Marc & Tony Svejda Radio Edit), Taio Cruz & Ludacris
6. Rock That Body (Chris Lake Remix), Black Eyed Peas
7. We No Speak Americano, Yolanda Be Cool & Dcup
8. Not Myself Tonight (Jody Den Broeder Radio Remix), Christina Aguilera
9. Major Tom, Shiny Toy Guns
10. Stereo Love, Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina
If you are also in a workout song rut like myself, check out Run Hundred which is the web’s heaviest trafficked workout music site!